Friday, March 6, 2009

NFA - DFA - and so on

I'd like to say I've been super busy, but the reality is quite the opposite.

My job's entered work-share, which means the hours I was working (60+) were cut into less than half.

In other news, I decided to use the extra time to focus on some other areas of language research, namely NFA->DFA->Minimal state state machines. So far it's going very well. The next step, since for the scope of the project, I'm finished with tokens, is to do the same to syntax elements. This will require a fair bit more effort, since the DFA implementation I've got working is simple, to say the least.

Right now I'm creating a mock-up for the syntax analysis, to get a good idea of what I'm in for. I have a fairly good idea of how I want it to work, next is getting there. There's a lot of other work to be done with regards to the Concrete Syntax Tree it'll build of the rules and so on.

I'll post more once I have it to a point where it doesn't just emit a bunch of token state machines.

No comments: